Friday 6 April 2012

Happy Easter Long Weekend!



This year I received a special request to make Cadbury Creme Egg cupcakes. So I made chocolate cupcakes with a Creme Egg inside each one, with two-toned buttercream icing and a mini chocolate egg on top. But despite my massive sweet tooth, they were still far too sweet for my taste!

I love anything with peanut butter so I much preferred the mini Easter egg nests, which I made by simply nesting mini Cadbury Easter eggs in chocolate spiders. They make for a cute - and super easy! - Easter treat.

Mini Easter Egg Nests
(Makes 12)

1 x 100g pkt fried noodles
2 tbsps peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
200g milk chocolate
36 mini Easter eggs

1.  Prepare a baking tray (or large container) by covering in baking paper.
2.  Melt chocolate and peanut butter together in a heat proof bowl. This can be done gradually in the microwave, 20 seconds at a time, or over a saucepan of simmering water. Mix until smooth and completely melted.
3.  Stir in noodles until they are thoroughly coated.
4.  Spoon about 1 tbsp of mixture onto tray, and press down into the centre so it resembles a little nest.
5.  Add 3 mini eggs to the middle, and then repeat with the rest of the mixture.
6.  Refrigerate and enjoy!

Note: These could also be adapted for a baby shower by using either a single blue or pink egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment