Saturday 23 June 2012

Golden Gaytime Cupcakes



Making these cupcakes was inevitable. Some of the tastiest cupcake flavour combinations I have made have been inspired by my favourite chocolates, milkshakes, pies, cocktails, and even sandwiches, so it was about time that I paid homage to my very favourite ice cream, the Golden Gaytime. 

While technically Gaytmes are made from toffee (and vanilla) flavoured ice cream, I started with a caramel mud cupcake, because it's such a delicious flavour and texture and admit it, they're pretty similar. To add vanilla, the cupcakes have vanilla pastry cream in the middle, and the for amazing coating that sets Gaytimes apart I used my favourite chocolate icing, which was then rolled in biscuit pieces.

Pictured are the mini Gaytime Cupcakes, which I made because the cupcake liners were a great reference to the ice creams packaging, though I regret not also getting a photo of the cupcake cut in half to better display all of the components.

Golden Gaytime Cupcakes are priced at $40 for 12, or $65 for 24. Please enquire if you would like a different amount and I can provide you with a quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment