Tuesday 12 June 2012

Mudslide Cupcakes




For me, motherhood comes before everything, so as much as I used to love making cocktails almost every weekend when I was younger, those days are long past. I still enjoy a sip of something tasty now and then though, and these cupcakes (which I calculated have approx. 0.15 standard drinks each) are a tasty way that I get to indulge. I had no doubt in my mind that these cupcakes would be delicious, but they exceeded all expectations! The chocolate Kahlua cake was light and fluffy, then the Kahlua and Bailey's buttercream icings both had just the right amount of flavour, and to finish it off I added a dark chocolate ganache drizzle.

Unfortunately despite my research I haven't been able to find the exact laws regarding the selling of alcoholic cakes, so despite the very low percentage of alcohol (and the fact that most is in the cake itself, of which 55% "cooks out"), I won't be able to sell any of this flavour until I know for sure if I can. If anyone has any more information on this, I would greatly appreciate if you could send me an email, letting me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment