Sunday 10 June 2012

St George Dragons Cake



This is the second logo cake that I have done, and it was for my hometown NRL team, the Dragons. The chocolate cake was carved into the shield shape of the logo, iced, and then covered in white fondant. The logo itself was as simple as printing out the image and then tracing a template for me to cut the fondant to the exact right size. I allowed each piece of fondant to dry out for a while so that the overhanging pieces wouldn't droop. From there all of the detail on the dragon was done by hand and I transferred all of the pieces to the cake - that's all there is to it! To finish it all off I added the St George Illawarra lettering, a simple red border to the bottom of the cake, and the birthday message to the cake board.






No comments:

Post a Comment