Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween! I just got my little skeleton off to sleep and thought I'd share this years Halloween treats. First up is a (deep breath) purple and orange topsy turvy white chocolate mud cake that I made for a halloween party, featuring mini jack-o-lanterns and skulls, black roses, a cemetery style fence and a spiderwebbed cake board!


For something a little less spooky but just as tasty, I also made some pumpkin cupcakes with purple cream cheese icing and candy corn decorations. If these may look a little familiar it's because I made some similar cupcakes last year, as well as some with spiderwebs on top, but they were too yummy to not make again when my fella was in need of a treat to bring for a work morning tea. (Side note: I love this flavour and I'm always asking him if he'd like me to make some, but he always wants something chocolate instead. He finally caved for Halloween and is now of course a pumpkin cupcake convert - success!)


I also realised that I somehow didn't have a proper photo up of one of my favourite flavours so I made some regular looking pumpkin cupcakes with the extra cake batter and icing. 

Anyway I hope everyone had a great night and got into the spirit of things - yes it's not a traditional Australian holiday but if you think about it not much is. So I'm all for bringing it to our shores and having a fun holiday for my son to grow up celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment