Sunday 18 November 2012

Blush Engagement Cake



This engagement cake was made last week for a lovely couple who were after a cake that would tie in with their engagement party invitations, which featured strings of lights and lanterns and two little birds. It was a great jumping off point for the cake and I'm so happy with the end result. 

I started with a two tiered blush cake, with the bottom tier slightly darker and bordered it with a simple white trim. I then added lanterns all around the bottom tier in the invitations colour scheme of blush, white, and grey, as well as the couple's initials on the top tier. My favourite part of the cake was the wire cake topper with the two inward-facing birds, which I feel complimented the rest of the cake without distracting from the other elements, and reminded me of the popular bunting cake topper.

No comments:

Post a Comment