Friday 18 May 2012

Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes



These cupcakes have been on my to-do list for way too long, and since I had some free time this week I decided to bake them while I had the chance. I'm so glad I did because it was even tastier than I'd anticipated! I started with a vanilla cupcake, then filled it with alternating layers of pastry cream and sliced banana, and topped it all off with dough flavoured icing and a banana chip.

There are so many different variations I can think of for this combination of flavours, like starting off with my mum's famous banana cake recipe, or having a whipped cream icing or a pie crust garnish, or even replacing the pastry cream with caramel and making a banoffee flavoured cupcake. I may just have to try that last one - yum.

Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes are priced at $40 for 12 or $65 for 24, as they are gourmet.



No comments:

Post a Comment