Tuesday 15 May 2012

My Birthday Cake!



As someone who is always on Pinterest and Flickr browsing cake ideas, I had so many options bouncing around in my head for my own birthday cake. Since I'd had such a busy week, I had been planning on making a quick and simple ombre coloured cake. I have no idea why, 2 hours before I was due to head out for my birthday dinner last night, I decided to opt for a chevron cake instead. Ahh, chevron! Is there anything it doesn't look amazing on?

I'm pretty happy with the decision, despite it being quite fiddly, because it just looks so cute on a small cake such as this paired with the edible sparkly cake numbers. As for the cake flavour, it was of course my favourite - hummingbird! 

Overall I had a fantastic birthday and would like to thank everyone who contributed to making it wonderful, whether through birthday messages, or from joining me in celebrating. I feel like every year just gets better and better and I can't wait to see what my 22nd has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment