Saturday 2 June 2012

How To: Chocolate Mint Leaves (& Mint Chocolate Cupcakes)



I have made mint chocolate cupcakes a few times before, but since they're so yum and I hadn't made any since last Christmas (when I made some with candy cane inspired peppermint swirl icing), I decided I was well overdue. These pictured are gourmet chocolate cupcakes with a choc-mint cream filling, topped with peppermint flavoured icing and chocolate mint leaves. The chocolate mint leaves are so simple and take no time at all to make, here's how:

Chocolate Mint Leaves

1-2 dozen fresh mint leaves
50g dark chocolate

1.  Chop chocolate and put into a small glass bowl, then microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring thoroughly until melted.
2.  Brush chocolate onto the reverse (veiny) side of the mint leaves.
3.  Allow to set in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes, then carefully peel back the mint leaf so that only the chocolate remains. 
4.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment