Sunday 3 June 2012

Black Lace Engagement Cake



I made this monogrammed cake this week to celebrate the engagement of two of my friends. I was asked to incorporate the black lace and ivory ribbon that was used on their wedding invitations, and the result was a romantic and elegant cake that was suited perfectly for their engagement party. The chocolate cake was then personalised with the use of an edible cake topper which combined the happy couple's first initials and were joined together by two silver hearts.

2 comments:

  1. how did you make the initials

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were made from gum paste. I started by drawing the design on baking paper and cutting it out to use as a template to cut the gum paste from. Then I let that dry out a little and stuck it on to another piece of gum paste with some floral wire in between to be able to hold it upright in the cake.

    ReplyDelete