Friday 29 June 2012

One Year Ago Today...



One year ago today I posted these sugar cookies to my Facebook page. They were the first I had ever made, and were baked as a test run for my son Elliott's first birthday party. Up until that point, all of the things I baked either came from boxes or my mum's recipe books. Even though I definitely had room for improvement, I had so much fun making the cookies and piping the E's. I found that it was a great creative outlet for me while I was on maternity leave, and started improvising more of my own recipes and discovering even more through some amazing blogs.


Elliott's birthday party was a few months later and I was able to make him some sugar cookies to look like Muno (above) from Yo Gabba Gabba, M&M bumps and all. I also made some more E cookies, to be used as favours for all of the guests, as well as many other tasty treats and a Plex (again from YGG) birthday cake.



Since then I have gotten the chance to make so many more cakes and sugar cookies, that it's hard to believe only a year has gone by. Now to start planning for Elliott's second birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment