Monday 3 September 2012

Quattro Cakes



Here are four cakes that I have made recently, the first of which is a chocolate AS Roma jersey birthday cake. In order to increase the number of serves, we decided the best way to go about this was to make it a two tiered cake, with the jersey sitting on top of a single layered navy slab, which also make the jersey stand out even more.


Now from a 21st birthday cake, to a first birthday cake. This three tiered chocolate cake was made for a little girl's ladybug themed birthday party and was so much fun to make. I couldn't stop looking at this cake - the ladybug was so cute!


Logo cakes are always very popular with the guys and this was my first Arsenal cake. Unfortunately I didn't think to actually take a photo of it during the day though so excuse the awful photo! Logo cakes are always so rewarding when made from fondant, and it's a great feeling when you look from your cake to the picture and it looks spot on.


Last but not least is a cake that I made for a 'rude and crude' themed party. It was very different to any cake that I've made before and it was a really fun experience. I felt so silly carving out a limbless torso and my fella thought the concept of the crumpled satin sheets would just look messy, but I think the finished product looks fantastic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment