Monday 3 September 2012

Happy (Belated) Fathers Day!



On behalf of our son Elliott, I secretly made my fella this Fathers Day cake when he was at work one day. I would have posted the photo yesterday, but we were too busy enjoying a big Fathers Day breakfast and then going to the rainforest for some family photos.

Since it's just the three of us in our little family and I needed to be fast and sneaky, I made a single layered 16cm chocolate mud cake, and kept the design of the cake clean and simple. At the moment Elliott is loving super heroes, especially Batman, but I figured a Superman inspired 'Super Dad' cake would be more appropriate for the occasion. So I cut the corner off of the square cake, covered it in blue fondant and added the fondant logo - done!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment