Monday 8 October 2012

Elliott's 2nd Birthday (Part 1)



My son Elliott's second birthday celebration was held with a small gathering of friends yesterday afternoon, but we also wanted to do something special for him on his actual birthday, so last Wednesday we went for a tasty lunch with family at the Queens Park Cafe, followed by a walk around the Nature Centre. The nature centre has to be one of the best things about raising a child in Ipswich, and I find it so sweet that he is always fascinated by all of the animals no matter how many times we visit.


As for his actual cake, I chose to make it into a big lower case E, since he has one on his bedroom door and he recognises that letter as his own, and to cover the whole thing in M&Ms to make it really fun and colourful. Since I knew the M&Ms would have to be refrigerated, I was able to make the chocolate cake extra yummy by using components that I can't usually use in fondant cakes (which need to remain at room temperature), such as the chocolate cream cheese icing and the cookie dough filling. Needless to say he loved his cake, and had a great time picking off all of the M&Ms!

No comments:

Post a Comment