Thursday 29 November 2012

Twix & Caramel Cookie Cupcakes



With lots of posts to catch up on, I figured I'd jump right in with two equally delectable creations that I've made in the past few weeks. If you've been on the JSTC Facebook page then you would have already seen these Twix cupcakes, which consist of chocolate cupcakes filled with caramel and crushed biscuits, iced with chocolate ganache and a layer of caramel buttercream and then garnished with a fun-sized Twix and a biscuit piece. I should admit that these cupcakes were actually made with leftover batter from a chocolate mud flavoured fondant cake that I was making, although if I were to make them again the flavours would go much better with a devil's chocolate base.


Going back to one of the first flavours I made, Cookie Dough Cupcakes, and then proceeding to the modern classic Oreo Cupcakes, and more recently Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes, I think it's safe to say that I do love a cookie cupcake. Since I'm also a big fan of caramel, caramel cookie cupcakes were the next logical flavour to try making! In order to keep the caramel and cookie dough elements balanced, I started with vanilla cupcakes as opposed to a caramel base, and opted for caramel filling. They were of course iced in one of my very favourite flavours, cookie dough icing, and then topped with a chewy caramel cookie and a caramel drizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment